Job Title: Activity Leader
- Plan and co-coordinate recreation, arts, healthy living and life skills programs for youth aged 12-24 during the 2019/2020 school year. Responsible for providing logistics and support to youth to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants, including overseeing activities, opening and closing, set up and take down, liaising with public, partners and other staff. Performs administrative functions, and ensures all activities are in accordance to YAK’s service delivery standards.
- Degree in outdoor recreation, social science, education or equivalent work experience
- Experience planning and coordinating youth programs, and knowledge of rural youth
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and team-building skills
- Basic computer and social media skills (Word, Excel, Facebook, Instagram etc)
- Valid Standard First Aid, ASIST, mental health first aid trainings considered an asset
- Based in Perth at YAK, 1 Sherbrooke Street East.
- 30-35 hours per week
The successful candidate will be required to have a clear Vulnerability Sector Police Record Check
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Rachel Roth at YAKexecutivedirector@gmail.com
Position starts immediately ~ ongoing deadline until the right candidate is found.
For more information call 613-264-8381 or visit us at www.YAKyouth.ca