Plan and co-ordinate recreation, arts, healthy living and life skills programs for youth aged 10-18. This position is responsible for providing support to youth to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all participants, including overseeing activities, opening and closing the centre, set up and take down, liaising with public, partners and other staff members.
- Degree or diploma in outdoor recreation, social science, education or equivalent work experience
- Experience planning and coordinating youth programs, and knowledge of rural youth
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and team-building skills
- Basic computer and social media skills (Word, Excel, Facebook, Instagram etc)
- Valid Standard First Aid, ASIST, mental health first aid training considered an asset
- Based in Perth at YAK, 1 Sherbrooke Street East. and possibly some hours at the Perth Union Public Library.
- 10-15 hours per week
- $14- $15
The successful candidate will be required to have a clear Vulnerability Sector Police Record Check
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Rachel Roth at YAKexecutivedirector@gmail.com
Position starts immediately ~ ongoing deadline until the right candidate is found.