YAK is a youth centre that is responsive to the changing needs of our youth and our community.
YAK is committed to promoting and facilitating youth attachment to society and community, increasing developmental opportunities for youth and promoting their well being, ameliorating risk-factors and providing protective conditions for youth “at risk” and promoting public awareness of youth issues.
In its pursuit to improve the quality of life through the causes it serves, YAK is guided by the highest moral and ethical standards.
- To operate with integrity, honesty, truthfulness and conscience.
- To safeguard the public trust.
- To demonstrate concern for the interest of those affected by its actions.
- Treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Value privacy and freedom of choice.
- Foster cultural diversity and equality.
- Adhere to the spirit and letter of applicable laws and regulation.
- To create a wide range of developmental opportunities for youth of Perth and District.
- To provide youth with skills and abilities to succeed in life.
- To provide a safe, supportive and fun environment for our youth.
- To establish a permanent facility for the youth in Perth.
- To increase youth “attachment” to the centre and the community.
- To provide opportunities for isolated youth to get involved in community activities.
- To reduce negative and risk behaviour of our youth.
- To provide mentoring and tutoring for youth to develop marketable and social skills.
- To provide support to youth in distress and referral service to appropriate agencies.
- To promote public awareness of youth issues and needs.