Helpful Phone Numbers and Websites:
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
- Lanark County Distress Centre: 1-800-465-4442
- Poison Information: Toll free 1-800-268-9017
- Telehealth Ontario: 1-800-797-0000
- Lanark Kids http://lanarkkids.com
- North Lanark County Community Health Centre: http://northlanarkchc.on.ca
- Lanark County Mental Health: http://lanarkmentalhealth.com
- Open Doors for Children and Youth: http://opendoors.on.ca
- Lanarks Programs: http://lcp-home.com
- TriCounty Addictions: http://tricas.on.ca
Lanark County Youth Centres are a group of non-profit organizations dedicated to providing a substance-free environment for youth to gather and interact socially. We are committed to providing youth with a safe, supportive and encouraging environment where opportunities are available for engaging in activities, and developing life and work skills through programs and community involvement.
In the fall of 2012, the Lanark County Youth Centres collaborated on a video called “Talk to Someone”. It was created in response to a serious matter that’s affecting youth in our area, youth mental health. Sure, it may not be the easiest thing to talk about, but it is surely one of the most important. Down below are links and phone numbers to the youth centres in the Lanark area, as well as some other resources for those needing someone to talk to.
If you are having any problems with depression or any thoughts of taking your own life, or feel that your mental health is “shaky” or you know someone that’s going though the same thing, we strongly advise that you seek help by looking though the links or calling the number to the center that’s closest in your area. Lanark County Youth Centres offer help and guidance, not judgment. Don’t hesitate to call for help.
To download the HD version to your hard drive for public screening then click here.