|Job Title: Youth Centre Activity Facilitator & Administration Assistant|
Department: Program Team
Level/Salary Range: $34,000-$40,000 annually
Role and Responsibilities Lead YAK Youth Services’ Youth Centre Programs and assist Executive Director in daily management tasks for the organization as a whole.
• Facilitate various activities that promote physical activity, healthy eating, positive personal development and wellness; and to engage and support school aged children in our community.
• Ensure a safe, healthy, positive, and inclusive environment for youth, staff, parents and volunteers
• Represent YAK and promote programs and services
• Instruct and participate in a variety of activities aimed at engaging youth in fun, recreational and life-long learning objectives.
• Provide a healthy snack to all participants within the program guidelines accommodating dietary restrictions.
• Supervise the youth attending the program and promote safety and respect amongst all participants. • Ensure a friendly and supportive atmosphere is maintained by developing appropriate strategies to support youth in maintaining their behaviour.
• Ensure that the health and safety needs of the children are met and all health and safety issues are dealt with immediately and appropriately.
• Cleaning and tidying of the facility and ensuring the safe storage of equipment.
• Ensure a high quality of service is provided to youth participants and their families.
• Provide community outreach and engagement.
• Develop an operational work plan which incorporates program goals and objectives.
• Assist in inputting youth registrants’ files and parent information into Notehouse CMS.
• Promote all programs via social media (ie. facebook, Instagram, tik tok, snap chat), create newsletters, write articles for local newspapers, conduct radio and/or TV interviews, table at local high schools, festivals, farmer’s markets, etc. Human Resources.
• Ensure human resources policies, procedures, and practices are followed and kept up-to-date.
• Ensure that all staff and board members receive an orientation and proper CRC checks.
• Assist with fundraising efforts.
• Oversee Individual and Corporate Donor operations.
• Assist with recruiting, training and scheduling volunteers.
• Assist in growing and developing strong partnerships with local and national organizations.
• Keep records of expenses.
• Prepare and submit monthly tracking reports.
• Manage administrative tasks such as filing, errands, maintaining office supplies.
• Coordinate and track donations.
• Assist with overseeing free food kiosks – organize, pick up and deliver.
• Answer Phone and Manage Reception Area (ie. greeting visitors and giving tours).
• Scheduling Appointments and Room Bookings.
Other Duties • Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Social Services, Education or Outdoor Recreation
• Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Proficiency in the use of computers and various software
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, trusting relationships with youth, their parents, partner organizations and other stakeholders.
• Standard First Aid
• Food Safe
Preferred Skills & Certifications:
• Experience with social media management and content creation
• Knowledge of local youth programs and best practices
• Trauma Informed Care
• Mental Health First Aid
YYS provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at YYS. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.