YAK Youth Services (YYS) is responsive to the changing needs of our youth and our community.
YAK Youth Services (YYS) is committed to promoting and facilitating youth attachment to society and community, increasing developmental opportunities for youth and promoting their well being, ameliorating risk-factors and providing protective conditions for youth “at risk” and promoting public awareness of youth issues.
YAK Youth Services (YYS) is committed to promoting the empowerment, well-being, and collective interests of local youth in a responsive and continuously adaptive manner. YYS provides a variety of supports that enable youth to elevate their skills, explore new opportunities, develop positive relationships, and get more involved in the community. YYS assists local youth in pursuing developmental opportunities by supportively providing them with resources, information, training, and encouragement. YYS also serves to strengthen the voice of youth in our community and promote awareness of local youth issues.
In its pursuit to improve the quality of life through the causes it serves, YAK is guided by the highest moral and ethical standards.
- To operate with integrity, honesty, truthfulness and conscience.
- To safeguard the public trust.
- To demonstrate concern for the interest of those affected by its actions.
- Treat all people with dignity and respect.
- Value privacy and freedom of choice.
- Foster cultural diversity and equality.
- Adhere to the spirit and letter of applicable laws and regulations.
- To create a wide range of developmental opportunities for youth of Perth and District.
- To provide youth with skills and abilities to succeed in life.
- To provide a safe, supportive and fun environment for local youth.
- To establish a permanent “one-stop shop” facility for the youth in Perth.
- To increase youth “attachment” to the greater community.
- To provide opportunities for isolated youth to get involved in community activities.
- To reduce negative and risky behaviour.
- To provide mentoring and tutoring for youth.
- To provide support to youth in distress and act as a referral service to appropriate agencies.
- To promote public awareness of youth issues and needs.